Soccer Support’s new Twitter Chat returns tomorrow (2/15/12) at the regular time and day of Wednesdays at 4:30pm PST and 7:30PM EST.
Due to the success of the first event we asked a few of the participants how they felt we could improve it for the second round of conversations scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday 15th February). From this feedback we have decided to make the following improvements;
- We will be changing the name of the chat from #SoccerSoapbox to #SoccerSpeakUSA to avoid confusion with different names for the chat and our popular blog title. It will also help users locate the blog quicker when searching for the summary.
- We will be announcing the subject of the chat 24 hours prior to the first question to maximize those that have a particular passion for that subject or would like to suggest question 4 (always a guest question).
At the end of the day we want to provide a platform that works and appeals to U.S. soccer fans and makes sure we create an avenue for simple, fun and constructive dialogue across all tiers of the game.
The theme for this week’s chat is ‘Women in Soccer – The Road Ahead’
As always – we encourage users to follow the chats guidelines and use the TweetChat App to enhance your #SoccerSpeakUSA experience (included below)
If you would like more info on #SoccerSpeakUSA, Soccer Support or our #GrowTheGame project or perhaps to submit question 4 for this week’s discussion email email@example.com
We look forward to chatting with you tomorrow!
- The theme for the week will be announced 30 minutes before the chat begins
- The chat starts at 4:30pm PT or 7:30pm for those on the East Coast
- The chat lasts for 1 hour
- 4 questions will be posted by moderators during the hour or one every 15 minutes for those playing at home
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!
These chats are for the soccer community, not for Soccer Support. It’s an opportunity to bring fans together and engage in valuable and insightful discussion around the state of soccer in the U.S. And as long as everyone follows these basic guiding principles then we are all going to get along just fine;
- If you see something you like, retweet it – Sharing is caring
- Keep your tweets as short as possible – This is important because it makes it easy for others to retweet you! Keep it to around 120 characters and then include #SoccerSpeakUSA so people can see your response.
- If you have a reply but you didn’t answer it during the 15 minutes allotted for that specific question we still want to hear what you have to say. However we encourage users to include the #GrowTheGame hashtag instead of #SoccerSpeakUSA when responding so the current conversation can move forward smoothly.
- Don’t hijack the conversation – If you want to interact with someone on a separate issue you can simply remove the hashtag.
- Please stick with the questions and themes of the week and don’t try and divert topic to another subject.
- Acknowledge that we are all trying to #GrowTheGame in the U.S. If you disagree with a comment reply constructively not negatively.
APPS TO HELP YOU INTERACT WITH #SOCCERSPEAKUSA
We also encourage users to use TweetChat (http://tweetchat.com/) instead of using the Twitter search functionality so you can get the most out of your #SoccerSpeakUSA experience.
When you authorize TweetChat you should specify #SoccerSpeakUSA as the hashtag you’d like to follow and then begin participating. This third party app will even tag your tweets with #SoccerSpeakUSA! Who said we weren’t here to make life easier for you!
Finally, and this one is more of a tip – keep Twitter.com open in the background to keep an eye on your @replies. With the speed of some chats it can be very easy to miss but this tip will allow you to answer users back in a timely fashion.